A Difficult “Yes” During Hard Times
A Difficult “Yes” During Hard Times
The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus. (Luke 1:30-31)
Today, we celebrate the Solemnity of the Annunciation of our Lord. The angel Gabriel appears to Mary telling her “Do not be afraid”. He goes on to announce that she is to be the mother of our Lord. Through Mary’s great “yes”, God’s promise of redemption is fulfilled. Exactly nine months from today, we will celebrate the incarnation of our Lord on Christmas.
It is not surprising that we are celebrating this important feast day today. In the Annunciation, God gives us a sign of hope. Times are hard right now, but we look to God’s promise of hope and his assurance that he never leaves us. It is perfectly human for us to ask questions and to ask why? Even Mary had her questions and concerns. We must always remember the words of the angel Gabriel to Mary, “Do not be afraid”. We too must trust in the Lord and know that he is always with us.
Your Brother in Christ,
Deacon Joe Trevino
St. Clare of Assisi Catholic Church
(1) Live-streamed Mass at 8:30 am
(2) Pope Francis has called ALL Christians to pray the Lord’s Prayer together today March 25th at Noon (local time). We will follow the prayer with a Rosary.
(3) Online giving is also available at our website. Thank you in advance for your continued support.
No matter where you are, please stay put and connect with us to pray at our website homepage or Zoom app (meeting ID: 578 961 5852) or Facebook Live) to pray.
We are ONE in Christ
Father Vincent-Vuong Nguyen
St. Vincent Ferrer Novena (preacher and wonder maker) continue:
DAY 8 OF NOVENA:
(1) Sign of the Cross
(2) Silently acknowledge your trust in God’s powerful works and voice your prayer request
(3) 1 Our Father, 3 Hail Mary, and 1 Glory Be...
(4) REFLECTION: O St. Vincent Ferrer, a witness of your life made this magnificent praise of you: “We would have taken him for an angel in a mortal body.” Such praise manifests the edification you exude to others with the modesty and the exquisite purity radiating from your body. With such charm and with such enthusiasm you preached to others about these beautiful virtues, which you said resembled the perfume of a blooming vineyard. I beg you to join your entreaties to those of Mary Immaculate in order that I may be guarded always, and carry the purity of heart as God requests of me to have. You, who have directed so many souls towards the heights of virtues, defend me in times of temptations and obtain for me the strength to conquer them.
Holy priest of St. Dominic, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially for (state your petition/s).
5) NOVENA PRAYER: O Glorious apostle and thaumaturge, St. Vincent Ferrer, the new angel of the Apocalypse and our protector, accept our humble prayer and bring down upon us the abundance of divine favors. By that charity which animated thy heart, obtain for us from the Father of all mercy the pardon of our sins, steadfastness in the faith, perseverance in good works; so that living a fervent Christian life, we may deserve thy powerful patronage. Extend that patronage even to our bodies, and free them from infirmity. Preserve our fields from the damages of storm and hail, and keep off all misfortune. Thus favored by Thee with blessings in soul and body, we shall ever be thy devout clients, and one day with thee praise God in heaven, world without end. Amen.
St. Vincent Ferrer, pray for us.
St. Clare of Assisi, pray for us.
St. Michael the Archangel, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. Amen.
Fr. Vincent Nguyen
on Wednesday, March 25 at 5:32AM